PROGRAM: CAMINO KRK – Stage I
Arrival at 14.00, accommodation and lunch at 15.00. Then a circular trip to the Church of St. Peter above the village, to the Kras and back, dinner at 19.00, and after dinner talk by the fire about the experience of the Way of St. James from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Porte in the French Pyrenees to Santiago de Compostela and Finistere in Spain, with pilgrims who walked 900 km of trails.
DAY 2: ROUTE 2 from Brzac to Malinska – approx. 23 KM (4-5 h of walking)
Morning guided meditation and stretching exercises to wake up the body and prepare for walking. Breakfast at 8.00, departure to the start of Route 2 at 9.00, which will take us from Brzac via Glavotok and then to 500-year-old oaks, continuing to a real pearl of island Romanesque architecture – the church of Sv. Krševana, located above the unspoiled bay of Čavlena.Break for lunch. Continuing through Porat and ending in Malinska. Free for sightseeing and coffee. Return to the resort at approximately 16.00, have free time and rest, and have dinner at 19.00. Wisdom by the fire and sharing experiences of the day.
DAY 3: ROUTE 6 – from Vrbnik to Baška – approx. 25 KM (5-6 h of walking)
Morning guided meditation and stretching exercises to wake up the body and prepare for walking. Breakfast at 8.00, at 9.00 departure to the start of Route 6, which will lead us from Vrbnik across the Moon Plateau to Baška. Break for lunch. Free for sightseeing and coffee in Baška for about 1 hour. Return to the resort around 16.00. Free time and rest, dinner at 19.00. After dinner, view slides from the Camino path and Martin Sheen’s film “The Way”. Conversation by the fire.
DAY 4: a part of ROUTE 5 and 4 -Voz – Rudine – Čižići – Dobrinj – approx. 17 km (3-4 h of walking) + visit Biserujka cave
Morning guided meditation and stretching exercises to wake up the body and prepare for walking. Breakfast at 8.00, departure to Voz at 9.00, where the start is along the partial Route 5 from Voz to the oldest settlement on the island – Rudine and visit to Biserujka cave. Than through Čižići to the 14th-century church of Sv. Filip and Jakob above the bay of Soline – Meline, known for its healing mud to Dobrinj (Route 4). Return to the resort and have lunch at 14.00. End of the event and departure home at about 15.00.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: Gabonjin-Risika- Kaštel Gradec (Frankopani) -Kras- Gabonjin (approx. 18 km)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
– You will need hiking equipment, appropriate clothing, and footwear and to be in good condition;
– Each participant is given lunch to take with them (“Lunch To Go”);
– The resort has water, fruit, fresh bread, and homemade olive oil available all day;
– Transport to the start of each route and back;
– The program will be implemented if more than 10 participants register;
– Recommended for adults; walking at your own risk;
– Participation is possible if all conditions related to potential Covid measures (PCR) are met;
– The program may be changed according to weather and temperatures;
– Tourist tax and drinks are not included in the price.
Participants of the thematic event will receive a more detailed program after registration and payment of the advance.